1b. Yes I think that George's decision was the best thing for Lennie because if Curley or Slim or any of the men on the ranch killed him, he would've been beaten and tortured before killed. Lennie's last thoughts would've been, "Why are they doing this to me?, What did I do to deserve this?, This is terrible!". George made sure that Lennie died with a happy moment in his head. Killing him was best for Lennie because as Slim explained to George, Lennie would be strapped down and have horrible conditions if he was locked up and it wasn't even sure that he could get locked up because first they would have to restrain Curley and prevent him from hurting Lennie.
2a. "Late last year, 67-year-old Beppino Englaro, won an intense 10-year legal battle to allow his daughter's feeding tubes to be removed, saying that was her wish." This quote explains why the father removed her tubes and eventually letting her die. She had already told her before-hand that if something happened to her, she would like for her family to let her die naturally rather than to keep her alive with all the machines helping her live. It's not murder in the Englaro family's eyes because that was her wish. She wanted to die on her own because if she can't truly "live" then what's the point on spending time, money, and effort on someone who's chances on waking up and recovering is slim to none. The family just wants her to finally rest in peace.
b. The court accepted that before the accident, his daughter had expressed a preference for dying over being kept alive artificially." I think that it their decision was the best thing they could do for their daughter because it was her wish. She had already talked this over with her family before, basically saying that if something ever happens and I'm in a situation where there's nothing else they can do to save me except for life support, then I would like to be left alone and just die. They were just fulfilling and respecting their daughter's decisions before all this happened. They're just blaming the family for her decision because she can't make that critical decision herself.
c. I agree with what the father did because he was just listening to what his daughter told him to do a long time ago. I know that if my mom or other close family member were in the same situation as the daughter, I would respect every wish and decision they would like for themselves. They're already in a bad situation, why would I make it worse for them by ignoring their opinion. Who am I to take that away from them regardless of their physical and/or mental state or situation.
3a.
- "How am I suppose to support my family now?"
- " I'm a disappointment to my family for not stepping up and doing my role in the family which is to support them."
- "My wife is telling me that death is our best and only option to be happy again."
- "How am I going to pay all the bills and the children's expenses"
- "Killing ourselves is the only way we can be happy in life with no worries,"
3b. Money isn't the only thing children need to succeed in life. I think that if you're living in financial problems, there are many other things that you can give your kids. Most important, give them love. Make them feel that they're loved. Spending time with them and giving him/her attention. Listening to them and knowing that you care. To me people who are successful in every aspect of their life, had a good childhood. They felt that their parents did everything they could to give them a good life. They learned the lessons of hard work and patience and determination. If your kids learn the key points in becoming successful, they will be successful. The best thing is, all these things are free. All you have to give is your time and your knowledge of the world. In the end, all kids really want from their parents is knowing that they care.
0 comments:
Post a Comment